Colours can play a very important role in one's life. Colour can also really influence your mood, and as such you can use it as a tool to influence. We tend to pick our clothes each morning for the mood that we are in; if the feelings is particularly happy then people choose something colorful to wear. And if they are feeling a bit down or low, they would probably want to hide from the world and would go for any neutral shades.
The color black is mysterious with the absence of Hue, which is typically associated with the unknown Or the negative.
PROS AND CONS OF COLOUR BLACK IN FASHION
PROS include protection and comfort, seductive, and mysterious.
CONS include conservative and serious, sadness and negativity.
WHAT THE COLOURS BLACK MEANS AROUND THE WORLD?
* In Indian culture, black is a mysterious color associated with fear and the unknown (black holes). It usually has a negative connotation (blacklist, black humor, 'black death'). Black denotes strength and authority; it is considered to be a very formal, elegant, and prestigious color (black tie, black Mercedes). In heraldry, black is the symbol of grief. Black also acts as protectors when worn as Talisman.
* In Chinese culture, colors corresponded with the five primary elements, the directions, and the four seasons. Black was associated with water, north, and winter.
* In Aztec culture, black represented war because black obsidian glass was used as the cutting edge of battle swords. It was also the symbol of religion; priests wore no other color but black.
* In the west, black is the color of mourning but the custom of wearing unadorned black clothing for mourning dates back at least to the Roman Empire, when the Toga pulla made of dark-colored wool was worn during periods of mourning.
* In rural areas of Mexico, Portugal, Spain, Italy and Greece widows will wear black for the rest of their lives. The immediate family members of the deceased will wear black for an extended period of time.
* In England, taxi cabs are traditionally black.
* In China, black is a traditional clothing color for boys.
“You can wear black at any time. You can wear it at any age. You may wear it for almost any occasion; a ‘little black frock’ is essential to a woman’s wardrobe.”
-- Christian Dior --
AUTHOR: POOJA BEKAL